Relationships That Ways to Keep you Both Happy By Lori English
Are you in a relationship that is valuable but communication styles are different and you are trying to sustain a healthy, loving relationship? If you have differences in your relationship and want to learn how new successful tips to make your relationship healthy then read below.
Here is an example of what relationship style is and how two people that care for each other , but have different personalities that can make communication tough. John is the type of man that comes home from a long day working and wants to sit down on the couch in front of the television and relax. His wife Maryann wants to elaborate and talk about her whole day and what she did with her friends and had a meeting. There is a conflict here because of their different needs.
How will You Compromise ?
- You can tell your significant other that when you come home you like to settle down a little before getting into the conversation about the day and eat dinner together.
- . Don’t make your partner feel guilty for wanting to talk and express their emotions. Tell them you need time to relax and you are willing to talk after that.
- You can Agree to disagree by listening to your partner and accepting they have different views on a subject is perfectly normal and healthy. We are all different and that makes us unique in our own way.
What Do You Need?
Many people sacrifice themselves for another person in a relationship and then wonder why it they are so unhappy because if you do not have a sense of who you are can cause you to just agree or passively act. Knowing who are is much more than you think its being mindful of your faults .
If have a need from your loved one telling them is the only way to do it, they cannot read your mind. It is important to know this many people feel that if he/she knows me than they automatically know.B Very specific in what you want and need from someone.
Give others the Benefit of the Doubt
Your boyfriend goes out with his friends on a Wednesday night and forgets to invite you, well maybe he really did forget. Are you suspicious and constantly calling him?
If you are always accusing him or acting suspicious as though he might cheat on you. This is what can happen the person that wants another to stay can actually do the reverse by pushing the other away by their behaviors. You may not be able to fufil all of your loved ones needs, but you can work on them.
In an article written by the ” Huffington Post,” describes tips to keep a healthy and happy relationship. Keeping yourself healthy is an important part of being in a relationship as well. The tips are very specific that include respect, honest, communication. Paying attention to you loved one and actively listening is valuable for the relationship to grow.
Tips To Offer Your Relationships That Helps
- Take time and make plans with your other half and go on a date.
- Do something special for them make them a card expressing your feelings.
- Take time to talk and really listen to them and make them your priority without picking up phones, and distractions.
- If you haven’t been affectionate show that you love and care by hugging and kissing.
- Have conversations that can help to mitigate arguments Remember to use I statement because that makes it less defensive for the other person.
- Keep the relationship spontaneous , you hear a lot of married couples say they fell out of love or didn’t have time for each other. Relationships are work and you can feel that its hard, but if you truly love someone and want to make it work their are many ways to improve communication and work towards solutions.
Healthy Tips That Can Make You Relationship Last
In a relationship we obviously want to have another in our lives to care and love, but that doesn’t make it easy when the arguments and the power struggles arrive. You wanted this relationship when you fell in love with this person, but didn’t’ anticipate the rough patches that occur.
The first suggestion that is to use compassion and loving voice yelling and arguing is not going to solve your differences, instead it makes more issues. It can turn into a viscous cycle that has no end.
The next tip is listen to your wife, husband, or significant other without interrupting if you are that angry at a person then you need to walk away or take a break there is no solutions in yelling and screaming.
The next tip is to know if work on yourself and be mindful of your responsibilities in the relationship and comprise is not allowing you to agree or passively give in,but to talk the issue over and come to resolution.
In an Article written By ” Mind, Body , Green” Three Ways to Have a Healthy Relationship”. This article was very helpful in learning how to ask exactly what someone needs and desires.
Also learning to have separate time away from your loved one can be helpful for the relationship to be healthy.
Healthy Relationships We All Deserve
In this article, I expressed that relationships take time and work . In a healthy, loving, and compassionate relationship their are many hills and valleys however if you have the correct skills it can be very rewarding. Work together on problem solving and if you want help with can always seek it from your church, professional social worker, or life coach. We all deserve to have healthy and loving relationships.